Our feet go through difficult times every day with all the rush and pressure of modern life, long lines, and uncomfortable shoes that can quickly cause discomfort and affect our overall health.
That is why we must take special care with our feet and nails to keep them in optimal condition. We collected the 6 most useful tips to take care of your feet and make your feet and nails simply beautiful.
How To Get Nice Feet And Toenails
Keep Your Feet Dry
One of the basic principles of hygiene is keeping your feet dry, as humid conditions create a favorable environment for the growth of the fungus. You can do the following to keep your feet dry:
- Choose shoes made from natural materials that allow your skin to breathe.
- Avoid wearing the same pair of shoes for several days in a row.
- Clean your feet well with a towel after bathing.
Trim Your Toenails Properly
Poorly trimmed nails can result in ingrown toenails which can be quite painful. Here are some helpful tips to avoid it:
- Remember to cut your toenails. Do not round the corners.
- Cutting your toenails too short can result in ingrown toenails or an infection.
- Avoid cutting your cuticles! You can gently push them towards the base of the nail with an orange stick.
Keep Your Toenails Healthy
The following procedure will help relieve ingrown toenail pain:
- Soak your feet in warm water for about 15-20 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of salt to 1 liter of water.
- Place clean dental floss under the nail tip and gently lift it up.
- Treat the area with an antiseptic and bandage your toe to protect it from infection.
- Repeat this process every day until the toe is completely healed.
If these procedures don’t improve your nail and you notice some signs of infection, see a doctor right away.
Soak Your Feet In Warm Water
To make your feet beautiful and your heels soft, you need to soak your feet in warm water for about 15-20 minutes once a week. You can use a variety of ingredients to tone your feet, such as salt, essential oils, or herbal teas.
Next, use a foot scrub or pumice stone to remove dry, dead skin from your feet.
Moisturize Your Feet
It is best to use creams that contain emollients, such as dimethicone, lanolin, and petroleum jelly, as well as moisturizing ingredients such as glycerin and lecithin. Just remember to never wet the area between your toes as it can cause fungus.