Most of us believe that you only need to know your blood type in an emergency or if you need a transfusion. But apparently, there are many other reasons to find out what exactly flows through our veins.
Today we will shows how blood type and Rh factor affect people’s daily lives.
1. People Should Only Be Given Blood Transfusions Of Their Own Blood Type And RH Factor:
Blood of compatible type is used in emergency cases in the quantity of 3-6 oz.
2. You Can Find Out The Blood Type Of Your Future Baby.
3. You Can Find Out The Rh Factor Of Your Future Baby.
4. The Rh Factor May Complicate Pregnancy.
To avoid Rh conflicts, mothers-to-be should take special medications.
5. You Can Become A Donor.
Requirements For Donors:
- 4 Must be 18 or older.
- Must weigh more than 110 lbs.
Each donor undergoes free medical and laboratory testing.
Permanent Contraindications To Being A Blood Donor:
HIV, syphilis, viral hepatitis, tuberculosis, blood diseases, oncological diseases.
Temporary Contraindications To Being A Blood Donor:
Tooth removal, fresh tattoos, and piercings, acupuncture treatment, sore throat, flu, acute respiratory viral infections, menstruation, abortion, pregnancy and lactation, vaccinations.