Office work has many advantages. However, sitting for a long time can harm your health and your body. A review of 47 scientific research projects indicated that people who sit for a long time can suffer from cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and obesity.
The good news is that we have found 5 exercises that you can do at your desk to feel refreshed and energized.
Exercise 1: Knee-to-Chest Lift
Strengthens abdominal muscles, improves digestion, and helps burn fat.
- Sit in a chair. Keep your back straight without touching the back of the chair.
- Keep your feet on the ground at the height of your hips.
- Keep your spine straight. Raise your right knee and pull it toward your chest. Keep your belly tight.
- Place your hands on your shin to better stretch your lower abdominal muscles.
- Repeat 20-30 times alternating knees.
Exercise 2: Double Knee Lift
Here, all the muscles of the abdomen work efficiently and smoothly at the same time.
- Keep your legs together.
- Hold the sides of the chair with both hands.
- Keeping your back straight, lift your knees and pull them against your chest. Your abdominal muscles should be tight.
- Put your feet on the ground, but don’t touch the ground.
- Repeat 10-20 times.
Exercise 3: Double Knee Lift Combined With Body Side Bends
Shape your waist. Oblique exercises help to burn fat on the sides of the abdomen.
- Sit on the edge of the chair with your back straight. Hold the chair firmly with both hands.
- Bend your body to the side and sit on only one of your buttocks.
- Keep your legs together and lift your knees towards your chest, as described in exercise 2.
- Return to your original position and bend to the other side.
- Repeat 10 to 20 times on each side.
Exercise 4: Bending
Helps burn fat on the sides of the belly and hips.
- Keep the feet on the ground.
- Stretch your arms at shoulder height.
- Twist your upper body to the right, bend, and tap your left foot with your right hand. Stay in this position for a while.
- Return to the original position. Now bend your right foot, touching it with your left hand.
- Repeat 20-30 times, alternating sides with each curve.
Exercise 1: Body Lift Above the Chair
Burns fat fast. Tones the muscles of the belly, back and shoulders. To increase the intensity of the exercise, you can use a chair with arms. Make sure your chair is not rolling.
- While sitting in the chair, hold the arms of the chair tightly.
- Raise your body over the chair so that your hips and legs dangle in the air. Use your abdominal muscles to lift your knees up to your chest.
- Stay in this position for at least 15-20 seconds, then slowly return to your original position and take a short break.
- Repeat the exercise 4 times.
We recommend that you do these 5 simple exercises every day. You won’t have to wait long to see the results! You can get even better results by combining your training with a healthy diet plan.